Brianna Slater's LinkedIn Profile

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ah yes, another Valentine's Day


(I toyed with the idea of posting this next week, but I think we could all benefit from a little preparation)

For all of us single ladies out there, the idea of Valentine’s Day, and the fact that we are potentially going to have to watch our roommates get ready for their “big night out,” and definitely hear about it, is enough to make our stomachs churn, eyes to roll and the gag reflex to kick in. Well not this year my friends! I am determined to cast off the shadow of romantic depression and make this a day about me (insert yourself here)! I won’t disappoint myself by showing up without flowers, chocolates or a sweet card. Indeed not! In fact, I plan on buying myself my favorite flowers, no chocolates because, unfortunately for me, Lent begins on the 13th, I might just write myself a nice Valentine’s Day card, and I think that household duties will be completed this day while I prance around in some lingerie (you’ll see how this worked its way into the conversation shortly).
In an effort to validate my new attitude, I went in search of articles about the most romantic day of the year. Not surprisingly, I found quite a bit out there. How to survive Valentine’s Day, what his gift says about how he views your relationship, great Valentine’s Day gift ideas, his views on Valentine’s Day, sexy outfits for this day, alternatives for singles, etc. I have sifted through the masses and found three articles that I decided to share…and one movie clip.
To the single ladies:

Now that you understand my lingerie reference, check out this clip from “The Ugly Truth.” The idea of walking around in sexy lingerie while alone brought to mind this scene where Gerard Butler’s character is helping Katherine Heigl’s character find a sexy, date appropriate outfit. Her hot neighbor, who she is ultimately trying to impress, stops by and she says that she was “…just doing the dishes.” I think we can all admit that a secret fantasy might be to be walking around our place looking incredible, doing laundry or the dishes, when a love interest shows up and is blown away by our overwhelming display of femininity and sexiness. I know, I know…but I can dream.

As a follow up to lingerie, enjoy this article about finding the best kind for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment