Brianna Slater's LinkedIn Profile

Monday, November 12, 2012

He's Just Not That Into You


Rejection is never fun, whether it is from a guy you barely know or from someone you have been dating for years. Unfortunately, it is a fact that we all face rejection at one time or another (who knew that the grocery store could be such a harrowing experience for you confidence?). However, once you’ve been rejected, how do you move on? How do you cope with their disinterest while you remain interested in them? Do you go out and flirt/date lots of other men? (Safety - as concerns your emotions – in numbers?) Do you stay at home and read a book or watch a movie? (I tend to fall into this category. Pity party anyone?) Do you have a girl’s night?
I’ve been thinking about this for a while, and to be perfectly frank, I didn’t come up with a superior solution – or any solution that sticks. Personally, it depends on the guy, how into him I was, the kind of day I’m having, how busy I am – all obvious points, perhaps, yet somehow in the moment I disregard all of this…logic, and instead focus on the bag of white chocolate chips and the adorable romance of Jim and Pam on The Office (as my co-blogger accurately pointed out not too long ago, Jim and Pam are so darn cute that you cannot help but be envious. Perhaps the romantic element of the show is not the wisest choice to watch; however, I can’t seem to stay away).
Back to the topic at hand: I realize that given time the attraction might fade and you naturally move on. This is especially the case if you are incredibly bogged down at work, or entertaining new men or activities in your life. However, I am specifically referring to the period before you reach this point; right after the “break up” or let down (if in fact you were never officially dating him) of nothing further developing with a guy. The time when you cannot help but reflect upon “the good old days” when everything was peachy keen. “The good old days” consisting of the five minutes you spent with him, but, oh, in those five minutes you could tell that he was feeling the magic that obviously exists between the two of you.
Yes, I am exaggerating, while poking fun at myself, because those thoughts are so romanticized (my fault here) and clearly delusional (again, my fault). I (we?) get so caught up in how we are feeling, how great we think things are going, that we potentially misread the situation. I am not saying that we are oblivious to the vibes a guy sends out, but perhaps it is partly true as concerns the extent of their interest. Guys say women are hard to read, but I certainly have no idea what men are thinking 99% of the time.
Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment