Brianna Slater's LinkedIn Profile

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Victoria's Secret


I was at Victoria’s Secret on Sunday because I was in desperate need of a new nude bra.  I picked up a lot of bras before I found the winner.  Picture this: I am standing with close to 6 different types of nude bras in my arms and a few bathing suits.  I walk over to the panty table (note: i really hate the word PANTY, but what else do you call it? bloomer?) to take a peak at the stuff on sale.  As I reach down to examine one of the hip huggers, someone snatches it and says, “Hey, babe! What about this one? It looks pretty cute!”  I am startled and look up to see a guy dressed in a baseball hat, polo shirt, shorts, and boat shoes (seriously? you’re in a lingerie store, not on a boat).  He runs over to his girlfriend on the other side of the table and they both smile and she nods in agreement. 

Ok. Deep breath.  Do you really need your boyfriend with you to pick out panties?!  The panties they  were sifting through were the cotton ones that you wear when you don’t give a shit.  They’re the nice, loose, stomach holding in panties (the kind that Bridget Jones wears to that gala where she has to introduce Mr. Tits Pervert...I mean Mr. Fitz Herbert to the stage--if you don't get that reference...you better stop what you're doing and go watch Bridget Jones's Diary).  I just. Ugh. When I’m at Victoria’s Secret on a Sunday in my sweats, I want to pick out my underwear in peace.  Not have a couple bouncing around trying to pick out panties as if they were wedding rings.  

So, I basically kind of bobbed and weaved around the couple picking out the stuff that I wanted and trying not to make any sort of contact or let them sense me judging them.  I don’t get it.  Why would you drag your boyfriend/husband/whatever to a store like Victoria’s Secret to actively help you pick out underwear when there are a thousand other women around.  I feel like guys are either incredibly enthusiastic about shopping for intimate apparel with their significant other (which, I have observed, makes other women shopping there a little bit uncomfortable) or they are bored out of their minds and forced to stand next to a poster of Adriana Lima in a "Very Sexy" bra.  I dont know, you guys.  This might be a tough one.  I have a problem with this, but apparently there are women out there who think it is perfectly fine!  




No comments:

Post a Comment